To obtain hitched in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a married relationship Licence before a marriage is had by you ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a few months through the date it is granted.
You’ll want a married relationship Licence to have hitched in Nova Scotia. You’ll need the licence just before have actually a wedding ceremony.
Having a marriage licence does mean you’re married n’t. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is valid for a few months through the date it is granted.
You can easily select a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent that you choose may perform the ceremony that is religious. The representative requirements to be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice associated with comfort or judge may perform the civil ceremony if they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You must have 2 individuals who are at the least 16 years old witness the ceremony.
Certification of wedding
At the time of the ceremony, your spiritual agent, justice of this comfort or judge will provide you a memento certification. This document is certainly not appropriate evidence of marriage.
After a wedding is mail order brides registered, you are able to submit an application for a formal wedding certification, that is appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you are likely to get hitched outside of Nova Scotia, you ought to contact the jurisdiction in which the wedding ceremony will require spot for registration and licensing needs.
You could get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older and never presently hitched. You will need a finalized permission type if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married have to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form has to be witnessed by the authorized representative. If both events aren’t offered to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. It is possible to make an application for a licence and obtain hitched in Nova Scotia even though you don’t are now living in the province.
How exactly to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or an issuer that is deputy of Licences in your community.
- Complete the application kind form they provide you with.
- Check out the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment together with your application.
- Offer your finished application, supporting papers and re re payment towards the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Provide your wedding Licence to your representative that is religious for the comfort or judge ahead of the marriage service.
The length of time it requires
You really need to obtain the licence straight away. It could just take longer if more info is required or if your type hasn’t been filled in precisely.
re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a money or cheque purchase must be made payable into the Minister of Finance. Payment choices can vary greatly based on the manner in which you use.
Prior to starting
Make certain you have actually:
- finalized bit of government-issued identification and evidence of age for both individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of divorce proceedings if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with affidavit
- evidence of death if either person engaged and getting married is widowed
- written consent of the moms and dads or guardians, if required (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Apply to get hitched at a Registry workplace
You and your partner must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage if you intend to get married at a Registry Office, at least a month before the ceremony. The Notice stays legitimate for as much as 1 . 5 years.
You are able to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait an meeting at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The marriageable age is 18 years. If somebody, perhaps perhaps not yet 18, desires to marry just before their eighteenth birthday, just a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12’ order can provide authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 people aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding can be lodged ahead of the eighteenth birthday celebration, provided that the marriage does occur following the birthday celebration.
The thing you need
- the PDF forms:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of paperwork aren’t accepted.
Simple tips to use
- Look at the eligibility demands.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the documentation that is necessary.
- Find the ‘Book a scheduled appointment’ switch.
- Enter the needed information.
- Go to your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and Application forms with re re payment, and verify the date and time when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for as much as 18 months.
- The lodgement charge is non-refundable.
- If you would like aid in preparing your Registry wedding ceremony, complete the online Wedding scheduling kind, plus the Registry can get in touch with you.
Re re Payment methods
You’ll review deal re payment choices on our re re payment techniques page.